Recipes with Honey
Our favourite recipes using honey. Yum Yum.
- Honey is sweeter than sugar, so you will use less honey when replacing sugar in recipes.
- Being a liquid, you will need one fifth less water in your baking to ensure that the mixture does not resemble a baked gloop.
- Honey is a liquid and a preservative. Cakes baked with honey will stay fresh for a few weeks if stored in an airtight container. Honey extends the shelf life of biscuits and energy bars.
- Honey is used for expeditions and long journeys because it packs a great energy boost and stays appetising for longer.
- Remember heating honey will affect its enzymic activity.
YIELD: Makes 12 large fritters (4 to 6 servings) INGREDIENTS 3 slices thick-sliced bacon cut into 1.5 cm pieces 3/4 ...