Chicken & Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce
A simple meal you can make in a hurry. Serves 4.
- 125ml apple cider
- 1 ½ tsp cornflour
- 1 tbs mustard
- 4 tbs honey
- 2 tbs breadcrumbs
- 4 x chicken breasts
- 1tbs oil
- 2 small unpeeled cooking apples cored and sliced
- 125ml chicken stock
- fresh herbs
- Whisk cider, cornflour, mustard, honey, seasoning in a bowl. Put aside
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl and lightly coat chicken with crumbs.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil and add the chicken breasts. Cook over a medium head until golden brown on one side, about 3-5 mins. Turn the chicken, add the apples and cook until browned on the other side.
- Add the chicken stock, cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 15 mins
- Remove the chicken and apples to servicing plates. Whisk the cider mixture again and add to pan.
- Cook over a high heat, stirring until lightly thickened and sizzling, 1-2 mins. Spoon over chicken and apples. Sprinkle with chopped herbs.