Honey Spiced Spatchcock
- 1 whole spatchcock
- 3 Tbsp Chilli infused honey or,
- 3 Tbsp plain honey with plus 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 2 Tbsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup rice bran oil
- ½ tsp flaked salt
- Bunch bok choy
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a jar, place the oil, five spice powder, salt, garlic, chilli honey or honey and chilli and shake to combine.
- Wash and pat dry the Spatchcock with paper towel, then place it in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the marinade over the top making sure it covers the entire bird, allowing the excess to pour into the baking dish.
- Roast the bird in the oven for 40-45 minutes, basting regularly with the marinade in the pan with a turkey baster or pastry brush.
- Towards the end of the roasting time, at about 40 minutes, braise the bokchoy by heating a sauté pan on high and adding the stock.
- Bring it to the boil then add the washed bokchoy and keep it moving in the pan till it wilts.
- Once it’s braised, place it into a bowl, then place the Spatchcock on top and drizzle the bokchoy stock over the entire bird and bokchoy.
- Serve immediately.
Black Book Cokking was kind enough to allow us to share this recipe.
Get more great recipes from Black Book Cooking here